Click here to view the complete list of registered dealers1 in Singapore.
Report possible unregistered dealers to the Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism Division (“ACD”) here.
What is Covered Under the Regulations?
The registered dealers in the list are regulated by the Registrar of Regulated Dealers for anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism purposes in their business of regulated dealing2 or business as an intermediary for regulated dealing under the Precious Stones and Precious Metals (Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing) Act 2019 (“PSPM Act”).
Regulated dealers should also visit here for information on the use of public statements relating to your PSPM registration and the Ministry of Law logo.
Investments are Not Covered Under the Regulations
Precious stones and precious metals may be offered in various forms of investment schemes, financial products and services by the registered dealers. These offerings as a form of investment and wealth solutions are not approved by Ministry of Law nor regulated under the PSPM Act.
Exercise caution and conduct sufficient research on any investment schemes.
MoneySense is Singapore’s national financial education programme. Useful information relating to investments is available at https://www.moneysense.gov.sg/investments. Useful MoneySense Consumer Alerts and resources include:
If you suspect that an investment scheme could be fraudulent or is being misused for any illicit activity, you should report it to the police immediately at https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/police-report.html or at any Neighbourhood Police Centre.
|1 "Registered dealer" means a regulated dealer who is registered under section 7 of the PSPM Act. The list of registered dealers will not contain the following persons who are exempted from registration under the PSPM Act:
• A pawnbroker as defined under Section 3 of the Pawnbrokers Act 2015.
• Any person licensed, approved, registered or regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore under any written law.
• A "foreign dealer"3 which only carries on business in Singapore for not more than a total of 90 days in a year.
"Foreign dealers" are subject to all other transaction-based requirements under the PSPM Act, which include conducting customer due diligence, keeping records, and filing of Cash Transaction Reports (CTR) and Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR).
2 "Regulated dealing" means doing any of the following:
(a) manufacturing any precious stone, precious metal or precious product;
(b) importing or possessing for sale any precious stone, precious metal or precious product;
(c) selling or offering for sale any precious stone, precious metal or precious product;
(d) selling or redeeming asset-backed tokens;
(e) purchasing any precious stone, precious metal or precious product for the purposes of resale.
3 A "foreign dealer" is a regulated dealer that:
• is registered or incorporated outside Singapore, or is habitually resident outside Singapore;
• does not have a permanent establishment, a place of management, or a branch in Singapore at which they carry on the business of regulated dealing or business as an intermediary for regulated dealing; and
• only carries on business in Singapore for not more than a total of 90 days in a year.